Making informed decisions as a consumer
Outcomes to be accredited
In successfully completing this unit the student will have to:
Demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify three different ways of paying for goods or a service.
- Create a personal shopping list staying within a given budget.
- Identify at least one way to reduce expense when making purchases.
- Compare information on given goods to make an informed consumer decision on a potential purchase.
Show knowledge of:
- The meaning of the terms "essential and non-essential spending" and "prioritising spending".
- At least three factors that can influence consumer decisions.
- Take part in a value for money activity which considers ways to reduce expense and save money when shopping.
[ Back to 'what do our accredited sessions cover?' ]
[ Back to top ]